Friday, February 6, 2015

Need to see movies 2014


There have been so many good movies this past year that I felt I should share some of them with you.  So I’m going to name some of my favorite movies that have come out in the past year and why I loved them. 

In no order:

1.  Boyhood
This movie took 12 years to make so there’s that.  Not literally 12 years, but more like one week a year for 12 years.  It chronicles the transition from being a boy to a man starting in 2002 ending in 2014 with the same actors.  It was such an experience to see a 6 year old literally transform into an 18 year old by the end of the movie.  It’s one of the realest movies I’ve ever seen.  Great acting also.

2.  Gone Girl
Okay where do I start?  I mean this movie had so many twists that I was getting anxiety watching it.  I didn’t read the book and still loved the film so much.  This is what you call a movie.  It’s one of the best plots I’ve ever seen in a movie and does such a good job of tricking the audience.  You never know what is coming next…

3.  The Fault in Our Stars
Now I’m usually not into movies like this, but this movie was an exception.  I think it had to do with Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort (the lead actors).  This was more than a typical teenage, cancer love story.  It had depth and realism.  It was a beautiful movie.

4.  Blended

I will always have a soft spot for Adam Sandler, even though his recent movies have been flops.  This movie, however, was actually really good.  His chemistry with Drew Barrymore is so perfect and they can do no wrong.  This was a light-hearted comedy that was actually funny, in that Adam Sandler type of way, but still funny.  I’m putting this movie on here because it’s underrated and you should watch it for a good laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment